This position will have primary responsibility as a scientific expert who supports internal and external medical and scientific objectives of Leadiant Biosciences, Inc. (LBI) products in North America.
The Sr. MSL is a peer scientific expert who communicates accurately, effectively and professionally with Healthcare Providers (HCPs). The Sr. MSL must build and maintain relationships within his or her assigned therapeutic area’s relevant domestic and global Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and HCPS. The Sr. MSL serves as an advanced technical, scientific and medical expert in his or her assigned therapeutic area(s) and serves as a two way conduit of education, scientific and medical knowledge and competitive intelligence. The Sr. MSL identifies and facilitates collaboration opportunities with North American HCPs, and manages and maintains collegial and professional relationships with members of the medical community.
- Develop and maintain peer-to-peer collaborations and relationships with key medical experts in the assigned therapeutic area(s).
- Collaborate with physicians on medical affairs initiatives including publications, investigator initiated trials (IIT), advisory boards, and medical education opportunities.
- Serve as a scientific peer-to-peer resource to disease experts in applicable therapeutic area(s).
- Support the medical community with up-to-date medical information, robust disease expertise and product information.
- Support LBI business development with external information sources to improve or expand uses of current products; bring new product opportunities to LBI.
- Provides educational support regarding disease state and products to the Rare Disease Specialists as well as maintains open communication with the commercial department regarding KOL engagement (limited to notification of visits, requests for commercial engagement by KOL’s but not sharing direct content)
- Connect internal stakeholders with KOLs who can provide medical expertise, education and product development insight.
- Support company reimbursement efforts through payer engagement and provision of disease state and product education.
- Provide medical and scientific input into the planning and execution of advisory boards and work with physician experts to review speaker presentations and provide additional medical background where requested.
- Participate in strategic planning for Medical Affairs department.
- Respond to unsolicited medical information requests, manage questions and liaise with internal personnel to ensure proper response has been provided and that data is fair and balanced.
- Support the Investigator Initiated Trials (IIT) process.
- Serve as internal expert in specific therapeutic area(s) demonstrating up-to-date and high level therapeutic expertise.
- Train LBI internal stakeholders on key scientific and medical topics in assigned therapeutic area(s).
- Maintain compliance with all internal and external legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Attend conferences, symposia or other meetings as assigned, and staff Medical Affairs booths as necessary.
- Maintain monthly bibliography for assigned therapeutic area(s).
- Document KOL interactions in SFDC.
- Other duties upon request including special projects.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill And Ability:
- Advanced scientific degree required (e.g. PharmD, Masters in a health field, PhD, DO, MD).
- Minimum of 6 years clinical and/or pharmaceutical experience in specified Therapeutic Area(s) strongly preferred.
- Advanced scientific knowledge, relationship building and networking skills.
- Excellent communication skills to small and large groups to both internal and external audiences.
- Keen ability to translate scientific or clinical data into high quality medical information to help healthcare professionals best serve their patients.
- Keen ability to communicate scientific and/or clinical data to research or other healthcare professionals effectively
- Ability to build ongoing and productive relationships throughout the organization.
Leadiant Biosciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Jobs@leadiant.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.