The Operations Manager is a key member of the People & Culture team. The incumbent is responsible for supporting and embodying the mission, vision and core values of the company and the vision of the People & Culture team. The incumbent is responsible for being a proponent for positive change and to support the innovative endeavors of the organization. The Operations Manager manages and coordinates activities aimed at ensuring an optimal and comfortable work environment for our highly talented workforce. The incumbent works independently and schedules all activities required to support the needs of the workforce to include inventory/supply management, processing orders, event set-up/break-down, office maintenance, office planning, safety and other duties all while complying with FDA, OSHA, Maryland State and Federal regulations.
The incumbent manages office operations and associated administrative systems to continuously improve organizational efficiency and cultural harmony. The incumbent is responsible for identifying, purchasing and maintaining office equipment and kitchen supplies (coffee, water, paper towels, etc.) to provide the optimal combination of high-quality, efficient and cost-effective services for the team. The incumbent is to maintain a proactive, effective and productive working relationship with the building engineer to ensure all Leadiant employees can perform their functions in optimal surroundings and to create a climate that is safe and engaging for high performance.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Accurately overseeing office supply inventories and purchases, making sure to remain within established budgets
- Manage all office equipment repairs and maintenance to provide minimal disruption to daily office operations. Office equipment includes copiers/faxes, coffee/water/vending machines, postage machines and the security/vendor management system. Manage and supervise all third party repair technicians.
- Attends to employee requests and needs in a pleasant and customer service oriented manner.
- Research and make recommendations regarding capital expenditures. Review and provide for the proper appearance of the reception area, staff areas, offices and appropriately plan office layout
- Manage floor planning strategies and space requirements as headcount needs change.
- Lite maintenance to include minor repair to walls by preparing holes using putty, sanding, priming and painting when needed.
- Schedule and take the Company Car for maintenance as needed
- Pick-up and drop-off material/files at storage facility
- Manage the vehicle safety program including the annual Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) background check process
- Manage the employee safety program to include fire safety, emergency evacuation, CPR training and any other identified safety training programs.
- Plans layout of mailroom and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight and related factors of items stored
- Assists employees with shipping needs to include advisement on the care and preservation of items received, stored and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining and shipping stock and related needs.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow as it relates to the facilities function
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
Associates degree from a College or technical school; or three to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Will frequently handle jugs of water, folding tables and office furniture with the use of a dolly.
Leadiant Biosciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Jobs@leadiant.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.