People & Culture:
The incumbent participates to define people policies, programs, and budget for the organization. Major areas of responsibility include change management, human capital strategy development, employee experience strategy as well as leadership of functional areas such as recruitment and employee services; employee relations; training and development; compensation; benefits; and safety and employee welfare. Create a work experience and environment that propels Leadiant Biosciences people to perform at their best and with maximum dignity. Implements programs as appropriate. Advises executive and managerial personnel on human resource issues.
- Formulates and recommends people policies and objectives for the entire organization.
- Establishes annual budget for the department as well as collaborating with the CEO and the Head of Administration and Finance in determining people budgets for each department.
- Determines and implements employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale. This may include employee surveys, exit interviews, focus groups, etc. as well as a variety of employee relations programs geared toward improved morale and reduced turnover. Work closely with external legal teams and bring issues to positive resolution.
- Protects interest of employees and organization in accordance with human resources policies and procedures, as well as government regulations. Directs the preparation and reviews all documentation and recommends organizational changes to senior management.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting employment (OSHA, EEO, ERISA, FLSA). Monitors exposure of the company. Directs preparation of information requested or required for compliance and approves all information submitted. Leads the safety and risk management programs through department staff.
- Collaborates with the CEO and the Head of Administration and Finance in maintaining the compensation process. This process should include current position descriptions, current salary surveys, and salary ranges for different grades. Reviews compensation processes annually and revises as needed.
- Maintains the organization-wide talent management platform (AGILE by Silkroad).
- Establishes proactive and competitive talent acquisition practices, working with department heads. Screens and interviews candidates as requested by department heads.
- Establish mandatory and optional employee development activities to systematically elevate the skills, abilities, and capacity at all levels.
- Participate with the CEO and the Head of Administration and Finance in building benefit plan strategies to ensure they meet employee needs and support the long-term vision of the company. Stays current on market trends as well as cost/benefit analysis of current benefit package. Oversees implementation of benefits programs. Serves as liaison with vendors and works with department staff to resolve disputes and problems experienced by employees.
The incumbent manages office operations and associated administrative systems to continuously improve organizational efficiency and cultural harmony. The incumbent is responsible for identifying, purchasing, and maintaining office equipment and kitchen supplies (coffee, water, paper towels, etc.) to provide the optimal combination of high-quality, efficient, and cost-effective services for the team. The incumbent is to maintain a proactive, effective, and productive working relationship with the building engineer to ensure all Leadiant employees can perform their functions in optimal surroundings and to create a climate that is safe and engaging for high performance.
- Accurately overseeing office supply inventories and purchases, making sure to remain within established budgets.
- Manage all office equipment repairs and maintenance to provide minimal disruption to daily office operations. Office equipment includes copiers/faxes, coffee/water/vending machines, postage machines and the security/vendor management system. Manage and supervise all third-party repair technicians.
- Attends to employee requests and needs in a pleasant and customer service-oriented manner.
- Research and make recommendations regarding capital expenditures. Review and provide for the proper appearance of the reception area, staff areas, offices and appropriately plan office layout.
- Manage floor planning strategies and space requirements as headcount needs change.
- Pick-up and drop-off material/files at storage facility
- Manage the employee safety program to include fire safety, emergency evacuation, CPR training and any other identified safety training programs.
- Sorting and distributing mail, sending Federal Express, UPS letters and packages.
- Plans layout of mailroom and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Assists employees with shipping needs to include advisement on the care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock and related needs.
- Implement and manage an office hoteling software solution to enhance and improve employee collaboration, and the efficient utilization of the office space.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill And Ability:
Executive Administrative Assistant
The incumbent is responsible for administrative and clerical support by including finalizing all presentations, maintaining all files, faxing, photocopying, scheduling meetings, and miscellaneous administrative tasks. The incumbent also prepares itineraries, makes travel arrangements, orders, and maintains office supplies, and performs other duties as required.
- Independently respond to letters and other correspondence of a routine nature; respond to complaints and request for information.
- Research, compile, and analyze data for special projects; prepares routine reports.
- Provide administrative support for the above to include telephone coverage, copier projects (including overhead preparation).
- Maintain appointment schedules and calendars; make travel arrangements; arrange meetings: assist in agenda preparation, gather information, and contact meeting participants.
- Assist in scheduling company-wide use of conference rooms including the conference center.
- Perform special projects as assigned by CEO and Executive staff.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Business casual office setting; required to stand, walk and sit; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms. Regularly required to stoop, kneel, bend, crouch and lift up weights.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, as a member of a team, as well as work independently to accomplish work objectives
- Effective problem-solving skills and comfort conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Proven project management skills including development of project timetables and timely execution of work
- Excellent verbal communication including public presentations to all levels of management and employees
Minimum Education, Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in HR or management, 7 years plus experience
- SHRM Certified Professional preferable
Leadiant Biosciences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Jobs@leadiant.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.